Requesting help with http://fedoraproject.org/PackageReviewStatus/

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Oct 22 06:24:58 UTC 2009

For ages there's been this ugly set of pages at
http://fedoraproject.org/PackageReviewStatus/ used by folks who do
package reviews for Fedora to avoid having to stare at the bugzilla
query screen.  Lately I've been trying to overhaul things a bit; I made
things generate from genshi templates instead of a bunch of print
statements, and I added a nice index page.

For the index page, I tried to follow existing Fedora page design, but I
know, well, almost nothing about CSS and HTML so I'd appreciate any
suggestions.  (I don't know much python, either, so it's a miracle that
the stuff runs and renders at all.)  Also, I put the Fedora boilerplate
at the bottom, which I'm not sure I'm allowed or supposed to do.  I'd
really like it if someone could look over that and let me know if I need
to change or remove what's there.

I haven't really done much to the report pages other than try to make
the HTML not stomach-turning.  There's been no attempt made to have them
confirm to any Fedora style or standard.  Any ideas are appreciated.

If anyone feels like looking at the templates, they're in the "fedora"
CVS tree, visible at
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/status-report-scripts/review-templates/?root=fedora

The script itself (if anyone can stomach it) is at
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/status-report-scripts/review-stats.py?root=fedora&view=log

 - J<