HTML/CSS status for web redesign

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 18:53:20 UTC 2009

Hi Websites team!

I wanted to check in to find out a couple things about the HTML/CSS
work ongoing for the web redesign.  Sijis helpfully pointed me to the
right place to see the current status, and here's what I did (just
checking the English or 'en' version, not translations):

$ su -c 'yum install python-genshi babel gettext'
$ git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-web.git
$ cd fedora-web/spins.fedoraproject.org
$ LANGUAGES=en make
$ make test         # then point Web browser at http://localhost:5000

I see there's quite some progress being made toward the mockups that
Mo made[1].  So my questions are:

* Hiemanshu is shown as the person in charge of this piece of work,
  although I know Sijis has been helping as well.  Thanks to both of
  you for that work.  Can you give the team a list of what remains to
  be done?

* Are you making sufficient progress so that you'll be able to finish
  this piece of work, and the work for get.fp.o, by the projected date
  of October 20? [2]

* Of the list of tasks remaining (see above), are there some with
  which you need help?

Thanks for the info -- this should help others know how they could
help to finish this work.

* * *
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Website_redesign_2009/Mockups/Spins.fpo
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Website_redesign_2009#Schedule