[Fedora Women] Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora seeks women developers

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 14:15:05 UTC 2006

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, [ISO-8859-1] Máirín Duffy wrote:

> > Having an actual *woman* speaking on behalf of Fedora Women might be a
> > good start, in fact.  And if we can't find a woman who's willing to do
> > it... well, that indicates another problem, doesn't it?
>
> I would be willing to do it, who should I talk to?
>
> Should we discuss this on the fedora-women-list; maybe some of the
> other women on the list would be like to say something in response as
> well?

Sounds like a good idea.

Maybe some discussion on the fedora-women-list would be a good thing for
two reasons.  One, women actually determine the purpose of the group; and
two, we can point to actual discourse.  Because when I saw the Slashdot
article, I immediately went to the list to see what had been happening,
and it wasn't much.

--g