[Fedora-xen] Xen3 stability, x86_64 status?

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 21:52:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 07:31:33PM +0100, Paul Wouters wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A while ago I tried the xen3 kernels and userland, and found Rik van Riels packages the
> most stable. Though still these continiously gave xend errors. I ended up using my own
> compiled xen2 for production xen's.
>
> Does anyone run xen3's based on rpm builds?

 I use a FC4 upgraded to rawhide approximately one month ago core setup,
using 2.6.12-1.13_FC5hypervisor/2.6.12-1.13_FC5guest and xen-3.0-0.20051109.fc5.4 . Those are not the latest bleeding edge code but work for me.

> Does it run on fedora x86_64 yet?

 I didn't tried myself, running on a i686 ATM. The xen package is available
on x86_64, but I don't see the kernel-xen packages at
  http://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/development/x86_64/Fedora/RPMS/
but I hope we will be able to provide some soon. Xensource may have 64bits
versions for the latests but you may hit the disparity between the slightly
older xen version we package and the 3.0.0 near final ABI.

Daniel