[Fedora-xen] HD corruption??

Kwan Lowe kwan at digitalhermit.com
Sat Apr 1 00:17:10 UTC 2006

Not sure at this moment if it's the XenU kernel or something with LVM...

Yesterday I installed the Xen0 kernel on my primary desktop to try to test xen
migration. I built out a couple 4G logical volumes and ran a couple kickstart
installations. At one point I tried to expand my /home filesystem (it's  on a
/dev/rootvg/home_lv LVM partition). It failed, and then my /home seems to have been
remounted as read-only. Long story short, on a reboot the fsck.ext3 informs that the
filesystem is larger than the disk and fsck just gives hundreds of errors. I'm going
to blow away that LV and try to rebuild it tomorrow, but just curious if anyone else
has seen any disk corruption?

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan at digitalhermit.com