[Fedora-xen] SIGSEGV on xenguest-install.py

Chris Hall hiro24 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 20:40:21 UTC 2006

Anybody seen this yet?  I tried googling and got nothing.  I run through the
xenguest-install.py while booted up to the xen0 kernel provided with FC5.
It asks all the normal questions, and begins the text based installation.  I
get somewhere past network configuration (doesn't seem to matter what I put
here) and while it's trying to determine host and domain information, after
a few seconds to up to a minute or two later, it seg faults out with an
error "Loader Received SIGSEGV!", and shuts down the virtual machine in the
window.  /var/log/xend-debug.log reveals the following:

File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 93, in main
     return daemon.start()
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py", line
199, in start
     self.run(w and os.fdopen(w, 'w') or None)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py", line
301, in run
     status.write('1')
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

Any ideas what could be causing this?  I've thus far tried removing and
reinstalling the xen kernel and the xen package.  Didn't seem to work.

-Chris