[Fedora-xen] pygrub failed

James Morris jmorris at redhat.com
Mon Apr 3 19:57:13 UTC 2006

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> Hmm --- did you create a manual partition layout, or did you just use
> the default one provided by the installer?

It was a standard layout, although I did select minimal packages
(shouldn't affect it, I hope).

> If it's a manual layout, then the problem may be that you (or the
> installer) didn't set the "active" flag on the partition containing the
> kernel images.  pygrub looks for that to know which partition to try
> booting from.

# fdisk -l xt4-disk
last_lba(): I don't know how to handle files with mode 81ed
You must set cylinders.
You can do this from the extra functions menu.

Disk xt4-disk: 0 MB, 0 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 0 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

xt4-disk1   *           1          13      104391   83  Linux
xt4-disk2              14         261     1992060   8e  Linux LVM

# losetup -o 32256 /dev/loop0 xt4-disk
# fsck.ext3 -v /dev/loop0
e2fsck 1.38 (30-Jun-2005)
/boot: clean, 32/26104 files, 12598/104388 blocks

Look ok?

- James
--
James Morris