[Fedora-xen] Problems with Xen + FC5 + Thinkpad

Robert Story rstory-l at 2006.revelstone.com
Tue Apr 4 12:17:53 UTC 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:39:25 -0500 Stephen wrote:
SCT> > Did you do the part about updating grub to include 'init 3' to disable
SCT> > X? If so, go back and delete the 'init' (you just need '3'). This fixed
SCT> > the dom0 kernel hang I had.
SCT>
SCT> > I asked someone in the #fedora irc channel to fix this, but it's still
SCT> > there.
SCT>
SCT> Please open a bugzilla for this so we can look into it.  There is
SCT> nothing fundamentally incompatible between Xen and X: my Xen desktop,
SCT> running X, had an uptime of over 8 days when I shut it down earlier
SCT> today.  init 3 is *not* needed in general;

Note that I wasn't complaining about X, which does work, but about the wiki
page suggesting to add 'init 3' to the boot args to boot into run level 3.
That's wrong, and causes the kernel to hang on boot. A simple '3' is needed to
boot into run level 3.

Still want a bug report? It should be fixed, because a newbie isn't going to
know this, and will think xen doesn't work.