[Fedora-xen] Networking problem with host

Mark A Heilpern mark at heilpern.com
Wed Apr 5 02:20:07 UTC 2006

Thanks for the response, I definitely appreciate it.

What I'm seeing is from boot to boot into the Xen0 kernel, it seems to be random which network card gets assigned to eth0 and which to eth1. I haven't rebooted enough since upgrading to FC5 to know if this is tied to the Xen kernel or just an FC5 thing, but I never saw it with FC4.

My modprobe.conf contains alias lines for eth0 and 1, binding them to specific drivers (the cards are not identical), but I guess this isn't being honored.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?