[Fedora-xen] configuration for windows image with VT machine

Matthias Bayer matbayer.web at web.de
Wed Apr 5 15:34:08 UTC 2006

Hi Yonkang,

you are right, grub is installed on /dev/sda and i can choose which OS i want to boot.

i still can't boot the windows system from my first partition using this config file (any ideas what's wrong here ?).

name = "WinXPPro_xendom1_local"
builder = "hvm"
memory = "512"
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/sda,hda,w' ]
vif = [ 'type=ioemu,bridge=xenbr0,mac=00:16:3e:63:72:e2' ]
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'
kernel = '/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader'
device_model = '/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
sdl = 1 # use SDL for graphics
vnc = 0 # use VNC for graphics
vncviewer = 0 # spawn vncviewer by default

if i create the domain with 'xm create WinXPPro_xendom1_local'  everything looks  good, no errors shown.
xm list shows:

Name                              ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State  Time(s)
Domain-0                           0     2504     2 r-----   320.7
WinXPPro_xendom1_local             4      512     1 -b----     0.0

also, where can is see why it stops and how far the boot process went ?
any hints very welcome !

regards,
Matthias