[Fedora-xen] Anyone using VT-x (vmx, hvm, ...)?

Matthias Bayer matbayer.web at web.de
Thu Apr 6 07:53:56 UTC 2006

Hi Jim,

i am using fedora-xen and VT on an new HP XW4300 workstation and i am running fully virtualized Windows systems on it.

i had the same problems as you and therefore i used a 'workaround' to get the things running:

i just installed 'qemu' and installed the windows system from an ISO file under qemu and then started it under xen control later - works perfect for me here.

if you need more information on what i have done exactly just let me know. there are some 'tricks' that can make your life much easier using this way of installation as the graphical output is very slow after the system comes up and you use VNC to connect to it ..

i haven't tried fully virtualized linux systems so far but i am going to do this soon ....

regards,

Matthias