[Fedora-xen] Stuck on Xen Guest Install at the Anaconda point.

Harry Smith thingsmith at comcast.net
Fri Apr 7 17:02:45 UTC 2006

I am stuck on how to do the anaconda definition for the location of
core tree (btw what is a core tree anyway).

I have tried both NFS and FTP using local assets but I can not seem
to make a location that is compliant with the anaconda format.   The
other part of the problem is that I need to set up Xen and FC 5 on
some machine prohibited from Internet access.

1. Since I have a DVD version of FC5, I tried to NFS export the
mounted DVD.   This started the install but seem to have problems
with finishing something about not being able to find start2.

2. I have a NAS which is also an ftp server however the same rules
blocking access to the Internet also requires I have a user name
password for the FTP server.   I copied everything on the DVD to a
directory on the ftp server.   I am having two problems with FTP.

1. I can not figure out how to pass the user name and password.
2. I am getting an undefined
URL.  (ftp://192.168.1.104/linux_view/OS_x86).   However this  can be
accessed from dom0 and it looks like it is trying to do some type of
authentication.

Any help or pointers to understand would be appreciated.

Harry