[Fedora-xen] trouble with xen domU install script xenguest-install.py

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Sat Apr 8 22:45:00 UTC 2006

Hi,
I try to use xen on fedora, by going the way the fedora5 xen howto in
the wiki describes.

I installed the packages, xend seems to run fine, the xen ethernet
interfaces seem to be there.

I then run the script /usr/sbin/xenguest-install.py

It seems to take 8-9 hours to complete - is there something I can do to
make that faster?

I also had major troubles with the install vm not getting a dhcp
address, but instead of telling me so, after the dhcp condig failed I
got no error, but the network config screen appeared again and again.

Henning