[Fedora-xen] trouble with xen domU install script xenguest-install.py

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Mon Apr 10 22:24:08 UTC 2006

Daniel Veillard wrote:
> [...]
> Give more RAM to the guest, 380MBytes intead of the 256MB minimum
> speed up thing a lot. Then reduce memory, see the previous posts on this list
> about this.

Hmm, it turned out that using a local mirror somebody made available
for me made it a lot faster.
Unfortunately this wasn't possible to see esaily. But one more reason
was that I didn't know that I have to be very careful because fc5 trys
to install a lot of software by default. Even removing all software
selections I still get a 470MB installation. But that seems to be a
fedora generic question and has nothing to do with xen.

Henning