[Fedora-xen] Running FC4 Guest on FC5

In-Tuition Xen listxenusers at in-tuition.net
Thu Apr 13 13:57:44 UTC 2006

Robert Mortimer scribbled on 13 April 2006 11:31:
> I can set up and run FC5 guests on FC5 but I want to run a FC4 guest
> under FC5 to trial zimbra. I have tried the FC4 howto and made a FC4
> image but I can't get to boot.
>
> The new xen config file seems to use a python bootloader and the old
> system references a kernel to use.
>
> Does the boot kernel for the guest have to reside on the host as well
> as the guest?
> Are there docs on the Python boot system?

I'm currently doing this.   I've got a couple of FC4 domU's running on a
FC5 dom0.  You need the kernel image on the host (dom0) and the guest
(domU), and obviously entered in the xen config file.

My domU's were actually built on a FC4 dom0 and then transferred across
once my FC5 dom0 was built so I don't know if the build process is
what's causing your problem.

Matt.