[Fedora-xen] Need 6 VIF in a DomU but not succeeding

thingsmith at comcast.net thingsmith at comcast.net
Sat Apr 15 03:12:05 UTC 2006

I am trying to have figure Xen 3.0 / FC 5 but seem to be having network problems.

I need to confiure DomU to have 6 network interfaces (vif).  4 of the interfaces need to communication in one network but 6 differnt sub nets  2 interfaces in a completely different  network.   For example, there would one interface each of the four subnets in192.168.1.0/26.  The other two would be in 192.168.2.0/25.

In the configuration file I have the 4 vifs 192.168.1.0/26 into a single xenbr0.  Each of the 192.168.2.0/25 are in differnt briges.

In a non-Xen environment I have used overlays on a single NIC.  I tried the same in Xen but it seems to count the overlays as vifs.

The best that I have been able to do is 3 vifs

Harry Smith
thingsmith at comcast.net