[Fedora-xen] Re: domU dhcp failure with default bridging

Daniel Messina dmessina at cise.ufl.edu
Wed Apr 19 03:02:30 UTC 2006

I have replicated the same situation on a second machine.

For those it may help here goes.

FC5 quickinstall Loadis the python installer without a hitch, however, when
it tries to connect to my dhcp client, it cannot connect.

brctrl show   -> says that xenbr0 connects peth0, vif0.0, and vif1.0.

Adding the services, Netmanager and Netmanager Dispatcher, then either
restarting networking, or rebooting (not sure which i did) causes the
following changes

brctrl show -> says that xenbr0 connects only vif1.0

ifconfig             only eth0, lo, and xenbr0 are listed

The following will add networking to your domU, but remove it from dom0

brctrl addif xenbr0 eth0

I'd like for networking to still work in both dom0, and dom1, but for now
I'll be happy I can proceed with installation.