[Fedora-xen] using centos 4.3 ad guest

Kim Gabrielsen kim.gabrielsen at get2net.dk
Fri Apr 21 14:32:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have successfully installed Xen with fedora core 5 and i
have installed a guest system running fedora core 5.

The guest is running without problems.

I'm now trying to install a guest based on centos 4.3.

i create the guest system using

xenguest-install.py and the process is like this:

What is the name of your virtual machine? centos
  How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 256
  What would you like to use as the disk (path)?
/xen/centos
  What is the install location?
http://mirror.fysik.dtu.dk/linux/centos/4.3/os/i386/
Invalid URL location given

but why does it give me an 'Invalid URL location given'
error message?

I can see the URL in my browser and i can see the centos
install tree.

i have tried with nfs also using my local centos install
tree using:

nfs:miraculix:/usr/public/distributions/centos43_i386

but it fails.

if i use

nfs:miraculix:/usr/public/distributions/fedora5_i386

it woks perfectly and was the install tree i used for
creating my first guest system.

im using the latest xen version.

hope someone can help me cause i'm pretty much stuck here
and i don't see much point in using xen if i can only run
guest systems based on fedora 5.

br

kim gabrielsen