[Fedora-xen] PAE and FC5 Xen on 32-bit system

Matthias Bayer matbayer.web at web.de
Mon Apr 24 07:38:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

i have a 32-bit FC5 system running with default xen from FC5 (kernel-xen0-2.6.16-1.2096_FC5 & xen-3.0.1-4).
my system has 4GB of memory but xm info only shows 3584MB available.
i know i need PAE support but the question is if there is a PAE enabled kernel from FC5 32-bit xen systems available already or if i can turn on PAE support easily somehow. for me it's important to stay 'supported' and use only 'officialy availbale' packages.

if there is no such a PAE enabled version available can somebody explain what exactly needs to be done to turn PAE support on, i searched the web and found lots of different instructions but i am not sure which one is the 'correct' one ?

thanks for any help !

regards,
Matthias