[Fedora-xen] How to expand the file created by xenguest-install?

Denis Forveille denis.forveille at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 02:45:22 UTC 2006

Thanks, but I still miss how to grow the partition inside the disk
inside the lvg (lvg -> /dev/xvda -> /dev/xvda1)

To summarize, the steps should be (from dom0):
1) grow the lvg used for domU (=/dev/xvda from the domU point of view)
    -> lvextend -L +1024 /dev/vg_domU/lv_FC55
2) grow the partition used by "/" in the lvg (/dev/xvda1) with parted
    -> parted /dev/mapper/vg_domU-lv_FC55
    -> resize 1 32kB 9664MB (This does not work, see below)
3) resize the fs with resize2fs (from dom0) or with ext2online from domU
(thanks to Jeremy)
    -> resize2fs /dev/mapper/vg_domU-lv_FC55

Here's the output from parted:
   Using /dev/mapper/vg_domU-lv_FC55
   (parted) print
   Disk geometry for /dev/mapper/vg_domU-lv_FC55: 0kB - 9664MB
   Disk label type: msdos
   Number  Start   End     Size    Type      File system  Flags
   1       32kB    8587MB  8587MB  primary   ext3         boot
   (parted) resize 1
   Start?  [32kB]? 32kB
   End?  [8587MB]? 9660MB
   Error: File system has an incompatible feature enabled.

Is there a tool other than parted I could use to resize the partition
/dev/xvda1 inside the lvg?