[Fedora-xen] Newbie question regarding Xen traps

Alex Tomic Alex.Tomic at gifts.com
Tue Aug 8 18:34:52 UTC 2006

I'm a newbie to Xen, so I apologise for this question which may be buried
somewhere in a doc that I can't seem to find.

Install and setup of Xen on my two athlon64 FC5 boxes went smoothly.
Unfortunately, Xen often cracks once a relatively heavy load is introduced
on one of the mysql servers that runs on the guests. Both machines are
equally unstable. If I remember correctly, the last one had mask_IO_APIC_irq
and mask_and_ack_level_ioapic_irq at the top of the stack.

My question is, how do I retain the trap output that is printed to the
console when the machine dies? I can't seem to find it anywhere in /var/log
and I'm not sure where else to look. I'd just like to retain what is printed
to the console, like the traceback and registers so that I can see if the
stack is the same or similar each time on each system, or if I have multiple
problems.

Thanks!
Alex