[Fedora-xen] Fedora, xen and Windoze

Tomas Kouba tomas at jikos.cz
Thu Aug 10 13:16:01 UTC 2006

Christian Schuermann wrote:
> Andrew Cathrow schrieb:
>> This is one of those areas where your mileage may vary ...
>>
>> I recently installed XP in FC5 ( 2.6.17-1.2157 kernel). For reasons I
>> don't quite understand the regular XP cd didn't work - it hung early
>> on but the XP-with-sp2 cd worked like a charm.
>
> I've tried Win2k/XP/2k3 now. Different CDs or from images.
>
>> See the following link for some more advice
>> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-06/msg00452.html
>
> That's actually the same I did (besides the F5-Hint but it didn't work
> either)
>
> So now I'm sittin here with a brand new AMD Box and there is nothing to
> do but wait :(

Hi,
I didn't follow the discussion from the beginning but have you tried to
install WinXP in qemu and then use it in Xen?
I had some "stucking" problem with win installation too but in qemu it
worked well and now I use it in Xen (btw. 10times faster according to
SiSoft Sandra benchmark).

--
Tomas Kouba