[Fedora-xen] What's the Pre-requisites for virt-manager

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Dec 1 12:08:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 04:43:49PM +0800, Henry Zhang wrote:
> Dan,
> >Yes, it should be pretty straightforward for you to remove the DBus bits
> >completely - just remove the src/virtManager/remote.py file, and any
> >referneces
> >to DBus in srv/virt-manager.py.in
> >
> I checked the codes in create.py, seems if we delete DBus/HAL, we will
> can't list cdrom volumes when user
> selects "New Virtual Machine...". I think it's a big issue if not
> support CD install for guest Domain,

Ahh yes, sorry I completely forgot that we use DBus to talk to HAL to
get a list of CDROM devices available on the host system. This allows
you to easy install an HVM fullyvirt guest using media inserted into
you host, rather than forcing you to copy the media into an ISO file
first.

> And seems there is an applet named gnome-nv-applet, but I didn't find
> any infor from our virt-manager website,
> should we list it in this webpage? and seems this applet is also using
> DBus to access virt-manager, so if I delete
> DBus/HAL, seems this applet can't work eigher.

The applet used to use DBus, but now uses command line args to launch
virt-manager.

Regards,
Dan.