[Fedora-xen] W2K CD installation error on guest

Jimison, Ed ed.jimison at intel.com
Fri Dec 1 23:08:20 UTC 2006

I've been trying to install W2K on Fedora Core 6. I found a previous
post that recommended using "Standard PC" and this helped me get past
the original problem with a hung black screen. The next problem I'm
running into is that once the Windows installer boots and begins the
"Installing Windows" step, I immediately get this error window:

Setup was unable to access files need to continue. This could be caused
by an error on the CD Media or the CD is no longer present in the drive.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Ed Jimison