[Fedora-xen] Xen and apic

George Hill e1geo at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 07:45:37 UTC 2006

My system uses an Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Socket AM2 (Windsor) chip.
To boot FC6 w/o Xen it requires the noapic option on the kernel line in grub.conf.

When I install the Xen kernel the noapic option moves to the module line.
In this configuration the system gives me

Panic on CPU 0
IO+APIC timer doesn't work...boot with noapic option.

When I move the noapic option from the module line to the kernel line in
grub.conf (for the Xen kernel), the system hangs with

(XEN) Xen trace buffers: disabled
IOAPIC[0]: Invalid reference to IRQ 0
(repeats 4 times)
Red Hat nash version 5.1.19 starting

and I get nothing more.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can boot the Xen kernel? Thanks in advance.