[Fedora-xen] Re: fsck.ext3 -a /dev/hda1

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Feb 13 17:08:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

> > Otherwise I did (i think) everything.
> > If I do xm create -c fedora-guest1, It will end each time with:
> >
> > awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `/proc/mounts' for reading
> > (No such file or directory)

Does your guest filesystem have an empty /proc directory?

Because:

> > cat: /proc/cmdline: No such file or directory

> > mount: mount point /dev/pts does not exist

You might also be missing an empty /dev directory.

Try mounting your guest system and create those two directories if they
are missing:
mkdir x
mount -o loop yourguest.img x
(not sure if the new xenguest.py creates a partition or a disk. I am not
sure how to mount partitions within a disk image)
ls x
and if they do not exist: mkdir x/dev x/proc
umount x

And try again.

Paul