[Fedora-xen] kernel-xen-guest-2.6.15-1.1955_FC5 seems to eat filesystems

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Sun Feb 19 02:30:16 UTC 2006

I updated my Xen test box to rawhide a few days ago, and I was happy
to find that it not only booted the hypervisor kernel (which hadn't
been working on this old dual PIII), but the guest kernels started up
too.

Now it looks like the filesystems on all three guests I was running
are trashed.  The first one I checked was so bad that e2fsck
segfaulted when I tried to repair it.

The host itself checks out fine, so it doesn't seem to be a problem
with kernel-xen-hypervisor.

Is this a known issue, or something I should bugzilla?

Oh, and these three guests were happily running for months on FC4...
Luckily they were disposable though.  :-)

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/