[Fedora-xen] where is xenU kernel?

Darren Birkett darren.birkett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 10:16:13 UTC 2006

Apologies if this is a very basic question, but I'm just trying xen out.  I
have used the install script from xensource to download and install xen-3
for FC4.  I have booted into dom0 using the kernel
vmlinuz-2.6.12.6-xen3_7.1_fc4, and that's all fine.  When I go to create a
guest, and edit the config file, I don't appear to have a xenU kernel to
point to in the config file.  From what I understood, there should be a
separate unpriviledged kernel to use for the guests, so where is it?  If I
try and do a "yum install kernel-xenU" it installs a xenU kernel for xen-2
(or so xen-debug.log tells me if I try and use it in the config file for
creating a new domain).
I may just be getting myself confused, so any help appreciated.

Cheers
Darren