[Fedora-xen] can't start my xen guest

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 19:07:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 16:51 +0000, Darren Birkett wrote:

>         Does this help:
>
>             rm /var/lib/xen/xenbl
>

> Thanks - this did the trick!  For my and others education, what is
> this file, and what had happened?

It's used by XendBootloader.py as part of booting a guest.

Looks like it's not particularly robust, though: we probably ought to be
using unique names for these pipes to avoid collisions if two guests
start at the same time, and we also need to be better prepared for the
file already existing, and to delete it on abnormal exit, so that we can
cope with other errors during guest creation.

Care to open a bugzilla so that we can track this, please?

Thanks,
 Stephen