[Fedora-xen] Draft Xen Quick Start for FC5

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 22:57:00 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 11:26 +1300, Gawain Lynch wrote:
> I have put up a Quick Start page on the wiki [1] for FC5.  This document
> is based on the original one for FC4 but is updated to take into account
> changes in FC5/Xen 3.

Ack, apparently, we were both working on similar things.  I've actually
updated the FC4 one to include a much better description of how to do
things in FC5 taking advantage of the installer functionality rather
than using yum and chroots.  This is far better as it allows things like
SELinux to work and gives you a much more manageable system.  See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5 for the write-up
including this information.

It probably makes sense to canonicalize on this as it is going to be the
more supported method of installing guests with FC5 and later.

Jeremy