[Fedora-xen] Simple testing results for Xen and VMXon FC5-test2.

You, Yongkang yongkang.you at intel.com
Tue Jan 31 15:57:32 UTC 2006

I am very glad to hear it is coming. :) Hope we can see it in the FC5-test3 x86_64 packages.

>> 2. *** In order to boot up IA32 Xen0, I have to add pci=noacpi as the boot
>> parameters of Xen0 kernel, or system will hang when initial PCI. I don't know if
>it is only related to my Machine.
>
>It's certainly hardware-dependent, but you're not the only person
>reporting the need for such options.  Please open a bugzilla so that we
>can track this one properly, as we'd really like to automate such
>options as much as possible for the main release.
>
>One thing that would be worth knowing is whether the main, non-xen
>rawhide SMP kernel boots on this box.  The UP kernel disables a bunch of
>advanced hardware enablement for compatibility purposes, but the SMP one
>should match Xen as closely as possible.

I am not sure how common used my machine is. :( But it can work with latest Xen + 2.6.12 kernel in the RHEL4u2 or FC4. So the new problem may be related with new kernel 2.6.15? I can fire a new bug about it. My testing machine is SMP enabled.

>> 8. Couldn't get Xen Changeset by "xm info" or "xm dmesg".
>
>Not sure how easy that would be to add, since we don't build it out of
>Mercurial directly but rather out of a tarballed copy from the CVS build
>system.  I'm being careful to add the changeset info to the changelog in
>the rpm, though.

Em. If we can found some changeset info in changelog or other way, it may bring some help to customers and developers. :-)

>Thanks,
> Stephen

Best Regards,
Yongkang (Kangkang) 永康