[Fedora-xen] Xen - FC6 VT install of Windows XP hangsl

Algie Seat alseat at comcast.net
Sat Jul 8 14:07:46 UTC 2006

I have a Dell 380 which is VT capable.  I have installed FC6 as a VT
(unmodified)

Guest under FC6.  I'm now trying to install Windows XP PRO as a VT guest.

I'm doing the install from CD.  It initially looks like it is going to work,
but after

The drivers are loaded, I get the standard "Setup is starting Windows"
message, but

nothing else after that.  A "xm list" command shows the guest is gaining
time rapidly

so it must be in a loop.  I saw some info about hitting F5 and choosing
"standard PC"

as the machine type.  I did that but still have the same symptoms.  I am
completely up

to date with all my packages on FC6.  As I also mentioned above, a  FC6 VT
guest has

been installed no problem.