[Fedora-xen] Problem starting a full virtualized Windows Guest

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Tue Jun 6 09:29:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 16:25 +0200, Sven Oehme wrote:

> i am running xen 3.0.2 on FC5 and try to setup a full virtualized
> Windows Guest .
> the installation Program starts , but as soon as it shows the text
> Windows is starting in the left bottom, nothing more happens .

I've found similar problems installing a fully-virtualised RHEL-4 onto
FC-5; RHEL-3 installs fine.

It seems that the IO emulation in Xen-3.0.2 (which is what FC-5 is
using) has some problems in these cases.  The rawhide kernel follows the
upstream xen-unstable development branch, and that one works fine for
RHEL-4 FV installs for me; does that help for you?

Thanks,
 Stephen