[Fedora-xen] FC4 on a FC5 Xen System

Mito mito at chartermi.net
Tue Jun 6 12:43:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

I know that FC5 comes with Xen already, and I know that I could have easily
used yum to install it.  The problem is, that using either of those options
I was completely unable to get NAT networking to work, which in my specific
case, was a must-have.

So, I decided to torture myself, and came up with this process (which really
isn't that big of a deal, the most torture is the actual setup of the domU,
the Xen and dom0 setup was pretty painless).  When installing via source,
all I had to do was make sure that the modules needed to run NAT were
included in the kernel, and the NAT networking worked perfectly first try.

Thus, why I kept my walkthrough, and why I have given it as a resource to
those who have had the same problems. Hopefully it will help someone who had
the same difficulties as I had.

Mito