[Fedora-xen] slow disk performance in Xen0 FC5

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Tue Jun 6 13:29:46 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 23:07 -0700, Ashe Canvar wrote:

> For instance my avg data read rate ( tested using hdparm -t /dev/hda)
> is 55MB/s using the regular smp kernel but it falls to 2.6MB/s when I
> boot into dom0. No other domains are runnign at this point. I have
> looked for incrementing interrupts in ide0 , there are none.

If interrupt delivery is not happening, then that may certainly explain
poor performance!

There were some important fixes to Xen's irq delivery mechanism that
have been added to FC5 since the 1.2080 kernel you are running.  Could
you please try updating to a newer kernel and seeing if you can
reproduce the problem?

Thanks,
 Stephen