[Fedora-xen] [RFC] Extending xenguest-install.py

Gawain Lynch gawain.lynch at bigpond.com
Tue Jun 13 23:42:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 13:17 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 01:32 +1000, Gawain Lynch wrote:
> > The attached patch adds the following options to the xenguest-install.py
> > script:
>
> What's the use case for these?  Since without going through the install
> process, the "template" configs that you're doing aren't really going to
> work.  And there are other ways of getting UUIDs and macaddrs.

OK true wrt the "template", it was an after thought while I was there.

As for uuid and mac, I found myself creating a number of configs from
scratch and having to manually generate that data.  I was going to write
a separate script based on xenguest-install.py and figured that it
probably belonged all together...

It just seemed like one of those things that might help a few of us  :-)

Gawain