[Fedora-xen] Fedora Xen/IA64 status page

Aron Griffis aron at hp.com
Wed Jun 14 13:35:45 UTC 2006

Zhang, Xiantao wrote:  [Wed Jun 14 2006, 03:39:57AM EDT]
> I have tried linux-2.6.tip-xen, and build successfully after some
> fixes. But I don't know which CSet it based, so the hypervisor
> couldn't be built to boot this kernel, Could you give some tips ?

It is not easy to discover...  According to the history, xen-unstable
patches were last pulled around a week ago, so if you use a hypervisor
from around then, it should work.

Alternatively get the xen tarball from
http://free.linux.hp.com/~agriffis/fedora-kernel-ia64/ which is from
the src.rpm.  Then you're using the snapshot Red Hat is using.

This is a potential problem in the Fedora method for creating the xen
patch.  The hypervisor and xenlinux are rarely from the same
xen-unstable changeset.  However since the hypervisor API is
theoretically stable at this point, it should rarely be a problem.
The ia64 port is more susceptible to version mismatch because it is
changing more rapidly than the other architectures.

Regards,
Aron