[Fedora-xen] Xen and VNCviewer

Danny_Trinh at Dell.com Danny_Trinh at Dell.com
Fri Mar 3 15:51:32 UTC 2006

 Hello group,
I try to login to guest OS through vncviewer by doing the following
steps:
- install guest OS
- do "xm create -c /etc/xen/fc5t3-i386-guest1"
- login to guest OS through console; setup vncpasswd, vncserver; edit
/etc/sysconfig/vncserver; make sure tcp 5901, 5801 ports are open; and
"chkconfig vncserver on".
- shutdown guest OS, and restart guest OS back by "xm create
/etc/xen/fc5t3-i386-guest1"
- I go to another machine and use vncviewer to connect to the guest OS,
but I can't.
- However, I can use ssh to connect to the guest OS.

Am I missing some thing? Why didn't guest OS let me connect by using
vncviewer? Is that the limitation?

Thanks,
Danny Trinh
CNE, MCSE, RHCE, LPIC1, A+