[Fedora-xen] "enhanced" xenguest-install.py

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Sun Mar 19 23:21:57 UTC 2006

On Mar 19, 2006, at 2:39 PM, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> For the multi-disk case at least, it's definitely useful and the patch
> in bugzilla would do wonders for getting it in the package ;-)

Filed. Though, perhaps I sent this out too soon.... even though this
script makes valid xen config files, as soon as my install reaches
the point where it's about to start formatting my exported drives,
anaconda aborts. I doubt it's directly the fault of these
modifications, given that anaconda has already configured the drives
and has downloaded a lot of data before it goes bad.... but that
doesn't leave me with a workable system. How do I figure out what
anaconda is unhappy about?

> Yeah, I'm not entirely happy with the default bridging setup, but
> am not
> sure exactly what makes more sense.  I think we're pretty open to
> suggestions and seeing what works for people.

I don't mind the bridging. And I don't suppose I'd mind NAT, either.
All I need is a way to specify that domU A only sees dom0's eth1, and
that domU B only sees dom0's eth2.