[Fedora-xen] Impressive!

Kwan Lowe kwan at digitalhermit.com
Sun Mar 26 02:39:00 UTC 2006

I'm at this moment running "xm top" watching four domains bounce along happily in a
1G Athlon 1800 test box. Two have full X environments available via VNC, two are web
server installations.  There was some initial difficulty in the configuration until
I had the bright idea of following the instructions in the Quickstart wiki and then
everything worked beautifully. The domainU's are using both file and LVM backed
disks.

I'm about to build out a second domain0 machine to test the migration option. If I
understand it correctly, if a domain is migrated from one physical host to another,
it does so transparently to end users. I'm curious how to go about setting this up.
The user guide shows the option but not much on how to actually configure it.  Do I
need to configure identical domains on both physical hosts? I'm assuming that the
disk device would need to be available to both hosts via SAN.  Or is there some
synchronization that occurs between the domainUs?

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan at digitalhermit.com