[Fedora-xen] Xen 3.0 on FC5 problems

Filipe Miranda filipe.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 19:46:32 UTC 2006

Hello there,

I'm new to this xen technology and I'm trying it on FC5 but I'm having a
hardtime trying to setup a guest xen machine.
Here is what I did and all the error messages:

The directory /nfs/fc5 has the following content:
[root at fc5 fc5]# ls /nfs/fc5/
Fedora  figs  images  isolinux  repodata  stylesheet-images

I folllowed the steps described on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5

[root at fc5 fc5]# /usr/sbin/xenguest-install.py
What is the name of your virtual machine? fc5
 How much RAM should be allocated (in megabytes)? 256
 What would you like to use as the disk (path)? /xen/fc5
 What is the install location? nfs:fc5:/nfs/fc5

Starting install...
Using config file "/etc/xen/fc5".
Error: Device 51712 (vbd) could not be connected. Backend device not found.
If your install has exited, you can restart your guest by running
'xm create -c fc5'.  Otherwise, you can reconnect to the console
by running 'xm console fc5'

Any suggestions?

--
Att.