[Fedora-xen] problem to start xend and finding the list of domains running

Prasad Varma Kalidindi S. S. M PrasadVarma_M at infosys.com
Mon May 15 06:18:24 UTC 2006

I have installed xen 3.0 following FedoraXenQuickstart.

After booting it with xen enabled kernel

The machine configuration is

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.16-1.2111_FC5xen0 #1 SMP Thu May 4
21:51:32 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Then I tried to check the installation by typing

      # /usr/sbin/xm list

Result is

Error: Error connecting to xend: No such file or directory.  Is xend
running?

Then I tried to run xend

/etc/rc.d/init.d/xend start

It gave nothing.

What is the problem ? plz send me some quick fixes.

With Regards

PRASAD VARMA