[Fedora-xen] Adding more space to the system withou using LVM in the host

Ignacio Verona nacho at estudio-verona.com
Wed May 17 12:14:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've a few Virtual Machines running FC5, the host is also FC5. I want to
add some hd space to one of the VMs, and as  they are using LVM, I think
it shouldn't be so difficult. This is the line configuring the harddisk
for the Xen VM:

disk = [ 'file:/mnt/md0/xenM/autillo/autillo1,xvda,w' ]

How do add other xvda? I want to create, for example
/mnt/md0/xenM/autillo/autillo2 and add that space to the LVM in the VM.
How should I do this? Maybe the solution is to export autillo2 as
/dev/hdX or /dev/sdX?

How should I format the file using mke2fs? Thanks a lot and sorry if the
questions are easy to solve, but I'm still not clear about that things!