[Fedora-xen] expected disk performance?

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Tue May 23 18:01:14 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 10:34 -0700, Ben wrote:
> Are you using LVM-backed domUs?

The numbers I listed as being "LVM on fast SATA disk" are LVM backed,
yes.  :-)  The ones listed as "file-backed" were on a separate dom0 ext3
filesystem dedicated to xen images, but that filesystem also uses LVM
underneath.

That host is a dual-core box, but I also tried with the "nosmp" option
in case there are performance problems stemming from dom0 and domU
competing for a single CPU.  Performance was largely unchanged.

Cheers,
 Stephen