[Fedora-xen] expected disk performance?

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Tue May 23 18:08:15 UTC 2006

I'm running 1 domU on my dom0, and both are largely idle. They're running on a
dualcore Opeteron, so I don't suspect the cpu is the bottleneck.

I'm using phy: in my domU config.

I notice (with large scp copies, at least) that writing to the domU starts off
at network speed, but then slows down to about 2MB/s after ~10 seconds,
presumably as buffers fill up. Looking at vmstat on the domU shows 100% cpu
wait, and on the dom0 at the same time, I see almost 100% idle, with the
occasional 1% system.

Have any of you tweaked your xen scheduling?