[Fedora-xen] [IA64] [Xen-ia64-devel] Add ptc.l emulation for 2.6.17 xenlinux to fix federon-xen-ia64 boot

Aron Griffis aron at hp.com
Thu May 25 00:33:29 UTC 2006

Zhang, Xiantao wrote: [Wed May 24 2006, 09:47:54AM EDT]
> Hi Aron,

Hi Xiantao,

> With this patch, federon-xen-ia64 with rhel4-u2 can boot to "switch to
> new root". Seems this error is related to FC6 OS, maybe initrd has
> something wrong  in rhel4-u2. Due to lack of FC6 at hand, we couldn't
> try to boot it on FC6. Anyway, this patch is a must for boot 2.6.17
> kernel.
> In addition, I attached the boot log, anyone can help to try on FC6 with
> this patch?

Thanks you for this patch!  Alex applied it to xen-ia64-unstable
earlier today, and following that I updated my rpm with the new
changeset.

I am seeing the exact same issue that you reported (/dev/root mounting
problems) on fedora rawhide.  I will let you know if I can debug it.

Regards,
Aron