[Fedora-xen] Easiest way to compile custom kernel, for fedora +openswan+xen+patchomatic

Tom Bishop bishoptf at gmail.com
Sun May 28 05:19:01 UTC 2006

I want to compile a custom xenU kernel for a firewall distribution
(endianfw, version of ipcop), I can get it to load up but the kernel is
missing some modules that aren't resident.  So I want to make a custom
version for this domU, I know what I need kernel+openswan+xen+patch-o-matic
but I not sure the best way to go about this, do I patch a fedora source or
start with a vanilla kernel?  I know what I want but am unsure what is the
best way?  I have read that this has been done under cool configurations but
they didn't go into much detail.  Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks.