[Fedora-xen] Ubuntu/virt-manager ?

axb javahollic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 11:15:20 UTC 2006

Greetings!

I've been trying to get virt-manager running on AMD64 Ubuntu 6.10, both
virt-manager-0.2.5 and libvirt-0.1.8 compile and install successfully
but I cant run virt manager, I get some seeingly simple error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 104, in ?
    from virtManager.engine import vmmEngine
  File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 33,
in ?
    from virtManager.create import vmmCreate
  File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 25,
in ?
    import virtinst
ImportError: No module named virtinst

The libvert libraries are in /usr/local/lib, and similar
under /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages.

Im a python noob, and have tried updating the PYTHONPATH to include
these to folders explicity, also adding the following to
virt-manager.py :

sys.path.append('/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages')
sys.path.append('/usr/local/lib')

None of this seem to make any difference.  Im sure there will be other
problems, but this seems such a basic problem - I just dont know how to
fix it.

Anyone got an idea?
Thanks.
andy