[Fedora-xen] dissapearing guests

Paul O'rorke paul at paulororke.net
Thu Nov 9 14:35:27 UTC 2006

maybe I've missed something but if I reboot or shutdown a guest domain I
can't start it again.  xm --list doesn't show the domain.  From the
Virtual Machine Manager (FC6) if I go :  File --> Restore saved machine
(Restore a saved machine from a filesystem image) and pint to
/vm/webserver I get a dialogue box stating:

    *Error restoring domain '/vm/webserver'.  Is the domain already
    running?*

Similary if I try to restore from the disk file with xm restore I get
the following:

    *# xm restore /vm/webserver*
    *Error: Restore failed*
    *Usage: xm restore <CheckpointFile>*

    *Restore a domain from a saved state.*

I'm guessing that the disk file is not the correct file to restore
from   -  <CheckpointFile>?? but I can't find anywhere documentation on
how to open these machines.

This is my first bash at virtualization in Xen so I appologize if I've
missed something in the docs.  What can I do to open this guest?