[Fedora-xen] Xen + FC6 on Centrino = no go?

Kenneth Jensen xmlsec at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 15:57:28 UTC 2006

Oh, another question - just to confirm my fears...

I seem to be unable to boot my laptop with Intel Pentium M cpu into
the FC6 Xen kernel. While googling for a solution, I have found that
the Fedora Wiki says this about Xen on FC6:

"To run i386 guests requires a CPU with the PAE extension. "

That essentially means that I have to build my own kernel if I intend
to continue running Xen, right? (alternatively choose another
distro...)

Why has support for the xen0/xenU type kernel been cancelled in FC6?
(Sorry if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find much about
it)

---
Cheers,
Kenneth